Music Banter - View Single Post - Health Care Legislation to cost $1 trillion
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #83 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
We have a bunch of bureaucrats in office that have for the most part never run a business in their collective lives...

The problem is the idea of a single payer system that is probably the end result of the government entering as they want to. They enter ostensibly as "competition" in an effort, which they will do in the end as a result of rationing. They will force out any private competition they have because no one can truly compete pricing with the government, since the gov. has shown pure faith into just taking on more and more debt with no foresight into the future...
Alright well for the first thing I'd prefer to have a little more of an explanation as to why that matters. I'm fairly certain that many have worked in business, have had private practices and the like...

But as for the second, heres what I don't get. You keep saying price, and I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'll assume you're pro-free market.

If what the "conservatives" say is true, government health care will take months to do anything. If that's the case, why would price matter? Shouldn't the government HC fail to catch on due to its inherent bureaucratic process?