Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #392 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Ah c'mon, it's pretty damn cool if you pit it against other England songs like this.

Uber-cool vid there. I do like Paul Weller. Oddly enough I've got all his albums but haven't given them a listen in yonks - must remember to dig around his back-catalogue again sometime.
Nah, Im not English so any English football songs 'do me friggin ed in'. Really? What did you make of 22 Dreams? I went on a Paul Weller binge yesterday- was practically all I listened to all day. Listened to practically all of his albums one after the other, apart from As Is Now & 22 Dreams, which i didnt get round to.

Glad you liked the video, Its like my most watched video on youtube lol. I think that around that period early to mid 90s was his golden period for live performances. I have been meaning to actually get some 'Paul Weller Movement' videos I spotted on amazon a while back. Yes you heard it VHS! I still have the player as certain videos I buy now and again, you cant get on dvd. Im so fucking retro its unbelievable lol. Still buy cds, still watch VHS. Least I lost the Tamagotchi & Cassette Walkman a while ago lol.

Anyway heres another cracking video from '97. He basically just set up in, unexpectedly in public and started playing loads of new songs from his then still to be released album Heavy Soul. This is probably my favourite live set from Weller, for these particular songs anyway and the Live Wood cd really is excellent also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote