Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #391 (permalink)
why bother?
 
Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
Noo no no no no no no! Its like one of the few bad songs New Order ever did! Totally ruins their Singles Collection! What did you think of the Weller vid? ^
Ah c'mon, it's pretty damn cool if you pit it against other England songs like this.

Uber-cool vid there. I do like Paul Weller. Oddly enough I've got all his albums but haven't given them a listen in yonks - must remember to dig around his back-catalogue again sometime.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #392 (permalink)
From Hank To Hendrix
 
Mirrorball95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Our house, In the middle of the street.
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Ah c'mon, it's pretty damn cool if you pit it against other England songs like this.

Uber-cool vid there. I do like Paul Weller. Oddly enough I've got all his albums but haven't given them a listen in yonks - must remember to dig around his back-catalogue again sometime.
Nah, Im not English so any English football songs 'do me friggin ed in'. Really? What did you make of 22 Dreams? I went on a Paul Weller binge yesterday- was practically all I listened to all day. Listened to practically all of his albums one after the other, apart from As Is Now & 22 Dreams, which i didnt get round to.

Glad you liked the video, Its like my most watched video on youtube lol. I think that around that period early to mid 90s was his golden period for live performances. I have been meaning to actually get some 'Paul Weller Movement' videos I spotted on amazon a while back. Yes you heard it VHS! I still have the player as certain videos I buy now and again, you cant get on dvd. Im so fucking retro its unbelievable lol. Still buy cds, still watch VHS. Least I lost the Tamagotchi & Cassette Walkman a while ago lol.

Anyway heres another cracking video from '97. He basically just set up in, unexpectedly in public and started playing loads of new songs from his then still to be released album Heavy Soul. This is probably my favourite live set from Weller, for these particular songs anyway and the Live Wood cd really is excellent also.

__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #393 (permalink)
LETS GO RED WINGS
 
PinkCigarette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 347
Default



I love this song....and I am listening to it as I post MJ jokes in the MJ joke thread.

Awful :/
__________________
PinkCigarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:00 AM   #394 (permalink)
From Hank To Hendrix
 
Mirrorball95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Our house, In the middle of the street.
Posts: 734
Default

I am addicted to the riff in this song:
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #395 (permalink)
why bother?
 
Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
Nah, Im not English so any English football songs 'do me friggin ed in'. Really? What did you make of 22 Dreams? I went on a Paul Weller binge yesterday- was practically all I listened to all day. Listened to practically all of his albums one after the other, apart from As Is Now & 22 Dreams, which i didnt get round to.

Glad you liked the video, Its like my most watched video on youtube lol. I think that around that period early to mid 90s was his golden period for live performances. I have been meaning to actually get some 'Paul Weller Movement' videos I spotted on amazon a while back. Yes you heard it VHS! I still have the player as certain videos I buy now and again, you cant get on dvd. Im so fucking retro its unbelievable lol. Still buy cds, still watch VHS. Least I lost the Tamagotchi & Cassette Walkman a while ago lol.
Ah, Tamagotchis, I remember those I remember Digimon were the cool versions you could make fight each other, at least until they turned it into that awful cartoon series (yeah, I'm so retro I hated the Digimon cartoons when they first aired!)

22 Dreams is another album I haven't listened to for a long time, but I was really impressed with it. Definitely among his finest. I'd have to give it a spin again before picking out personal highlights though.

And to keep in line with the topic;
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #396 (permalink)
From Hank To Hendrix
 
Mirrorball95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Our house, In the middle of the street.
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Ah, Tamagotchis, I remember those I remember Digimon were the cool versions you could make fight each other, at least until they turned it into that awful cartoon series (yeah, I'm so retro I hated the Digimon cartoons when they first aired!)

22 Dreams is another album I haven't listened to for a long time, but I was really impressed with it. Definitely among his finest. I'd have to give it a spin again before picking out personal highlights though.

And to keep in line with the topic;
Yeah for me the highlights on 22 Dreams are the last few tracks at the end of the album, pure experimentation. It really is refreshing to hear him doing stuff like
that, especially seen as he had just turned 50 and all. Ive been hearing he maybe has a new album due out this year?? September or something??

Underworld are pretty mental lol, Ive got the 'Beacoup Fish' album and it was a pretty intense experience listening to it for the first time. That song you posted sounds totally different from the stuff Ive heard though.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 AM   #397 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

OutKast-B.O.B.(Bombs Over Baghdad)



-love the use of colors in this video
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #398 (permalink)
From Hank To Hendrix
 
Mirrorball95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Our house, In the middle of the street.
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
OutKast-B.O.B.(Bombs Over Baghdad)



-love the use of colors in this video
I cant bring myself to listen to Outkast, simply after the torture of 'Hey Ya' several years ago.

Im listening to Miles Davis' Doo Bop album just now, tried to upload a youtube video for 'The Doo Bop Song' but some bastards kept copyrighting it.

__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #399 (permalink)
we are stardust
 
Astronomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,863
Default

__________________
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #400 (permalink)
From Hank To Hendrix
 
Mirrorball95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Our house, In the middle of the street.
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseido red View Post
Your favourite artist by any chance? I didnt really like that one, just aint my cup of tea lol. I might download an album of hers though just out of interest, what one would you recommend?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.