Music Banter - View Single Post - Crowe's Songwriting Collection
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #403 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Thank Veg. It has been quite some time since we've add a worthwhile critique on the board - I like to know that people still get into this thread and look around, very... humbling to have someone sit and read all of your work in a sitting - if that is, indeed, what you have done. "Emma Bear" is important to me because it is a song that I could comment on without conjecture like I had to do on some of my other popular pieces. Please come around more and feel free to comment on other work that you find worth your time, I'd be honored. Also check out Sleepy Jack's work, I know that he'd appreciate a fresh look on his old stuff.
Hi, Crowe,
Yes, I liked Emma Bear because it feels very real. I *am* working on getting through all your other poems plus people's responses, but haven't read all 30 plus pages yet! I do see you gravitate toward dramatic situations/stories that have painful occurrences in them: murder (infanticide), suicide, rejection, loneliness, death etc., but also love. I tend to like to tell stories, too, in songs...but I also like your "snapshot" of a brief time shown in Emma Bear, where the moment you describe explains the whole story without actually *telling* the whole story in the poem.

I actually have already visited Sleepy Jack's collection. He only has one poem now because he deleted the rest! Perhaps you didn't know...I am sorry to be the one to reveal this sad truth (moment of silence for the deleted poems).
--Veg
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote