Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #123 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

I never really make detailed posts in this forum but i'm going to treat you because i'm drunk.

I'm basically agnostic. Faith in religion is something that i really wish i had. Yes there are fundamentalists who in history have caused a lot of terrible things but people overlook the fact that most religious people are generally the happiest, loveliest people that you could ever meet and i wish i could have that same amount of enthusiasm for life they have because they believe they have genuine answers. As long as no preaching is involved, which is rare for me apart from the occasional person on the street, i have no problem at all and sort of envy them. As far as atheists go it's the same, some of them are nice and respect others but some have the horrible "i'm right and you're wrong haha" approach which is incredibly hypocritical. People like Richard Dawkins don't help this.

I think there's something there. If the universe is just a random evolving stew there must have been some sort of chef. Whether it's a traditional god, a mix of spirits or guys with elephant heads i can't possibly say. I can't determine between religion or science 'till i see it though, and it ain't going to be in some evolution theories or a piece of toast. I guess i'm looking for a sign but how the hell am i going to possibly know when i see it? No one can.

I do have to say i really like the idea of reincarnation. Heaven is a bit far fetched (i'm sure if God existed he'd be too much of an awkward bastard to let you off that easy) and i assume roughly everytime an organism is born another dies, i can see how life as a whole is a big circle.

I do try to abide by the 10 commandments (more through common sense than anything) and karma as well so religion isn't lost on me, i think as long as idiot fundamentalists aren't near it it's a great way to strengthen society. As a member of that society though i wouldn't be believing in it whole-heartedly.

As Moz said though, "why pamper life's complexities?"

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote