Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #125 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Extraordinarily put. Especially for a lush like yourself.

I tend to agree, I am more cynical of a lot of peoples faith, but I too am genuinely envious of those who truly believe.

I am an atheist in the sense that I believe all human constructed Gods are fictional. I might fall more neatly into the agnostic category but it's too non-committal to express the conviction of my beliefs.

And while I endorse your perspective that the vast majority of people with religion are good people, I haven't found that ratio to be exclusive to those with any one faith or no faith at all.
A lush? Do explain

I would like to fall one or side or the other because being agnostic is sort of lazy (as well as frustrating). I don't want to say all human explanations are fictional because most of is it based off of ancient scripts and no-one can say whether that's a game of chinese whispers or not.

I can't say whether that ratio is true or not since i'm a typical white middle class person who only has a few friends of hindu/muslim/etc faiths, but they know they have their good thing and i have mine.

It seems i don't have a lot of answers for a lot of things!

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote