Music Banter - View Single Post - i need some advice.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 06:50 AM   #53 (permalink)
DJ_Jester
Forum Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterslastbreath
tsk tsk.. hiding things aren't good.. eventually it'll have you so paranoid you won't know what to do with yourself.. i think you should talk to her about it. you deserve to know the truth-whatever it may be.
I tend to disagree with that. Yeah, I agree with you that an open relationship is key to making it last. As for jealousy I think a lot of times it's better to keep it in for a bit. I think I'm a very jealous person by nature BUT give off the appearance of the easy going. (You'll have to ask a former or current gf to see how true that is.) Most times when I'm jealous I keep it to myself and sooner or later I realize I was over reacting.

Jealousy is a double edged sword. Shows you can touch someone enough that they care that much about you when they think they might lose you. It also shows that they think you are that desirable (to others). The downside to that is that it also causes unnecessary fights. A simple "honey can we talk..." can sometimes get a reaction "wtf are thinking?! you don't trust me!" and then the avalanche begins and you're without skis...

So yeah, voice your concerns if it's a problem... but take some time to feel out if it's a problem or your own insecurities.
(All Times Eastern Standard)
DJ_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote