Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #623 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
If your recollection of his reaction to Falwells death is accurate the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

But to be frank, I think the coverage is way out of line and totally misses the point. The world is a better place with him dead? proabably not, but we're not missing anything either. He hasn't been relevant in 15 years for good reason, there is nothing left.
So when someone passes away who had their mark on popular culture, it's somehow irrelevant because that person wasn't doing it RIGHT before he died?

Is Charlie Chaplin irrelevant just because he's long dead? Are The Rolling Stones irrelevant even though their new music sucks? Of course not.

Quote:
Also his music is not that good (in comparrison to how we're suddenly remembering it), the hits hold up well mostly, but a lot of stuff sounds very dated and tacky.
I'm staring at your album cover.

Quote:
He was not a great vocalist as an adult, but had a signature sound. He was not a great songwriter, but an adequate one and better then most give him credit.
He wrote a lot of his best songs, granted he had a lot of greats thanks to Temperton and other collaborators was well, you can't say he wasn't a talented songwriter, maybe he wasn't a songwriting genius on his own, but when he collaborated with Quincy Jones and others, the resulting product was more often than not, a work of pop music genius.

Quote:
It was all down hill, though slightly at first, after "Off the Wall".
Correction, that album came before Thriller and Bad.

Quote:
He lost it, years of being beaten and possibly sexually abused and watching his sibling's deal with the same things was finally too much.

Sean Hannity is an asshole but that doesn't mean Jack-o was not a sick freak created by an abusive sociopath of a father.
Sigh.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote