Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #160 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltamec Soundsquinaez View Post
If I read this thread 6 months ago, I would have been pissed off, and attributed 2012 to fearmongering, and propaganda.

However, after reading a lot of the science surrounding it. I've come to a few conclusions.

First off, we will experience some of the worst solar storms in recorded history. The Earth could be particularly susceptible in this time because it's suggested that the magnetic poles will be shifting, making our electromagnetic field weaker, and unable to shield much of the solar radiation.

The OP said, there's no religion to back this up, that's true I guess, if you discount the Chinese I Ching, the Hopi Indians, Nostradamus, The Bible and the Mayan(although they primarily based their predictions on science), they were known to take opiates to aid them in spiritual awakenings.

The Mayans are more accurate timekeepers than anyone else in recorded history, so I wouldn't discount them as charlatans, since they predicted that there would be a planetary alignment on 12/21/2012, and now you have scientists saying there will be a planetary alignment on 12/21/2012. They also said the sun would rise in a huge black hole on that day, and scientist now predict that there is a massive black hole in the middle of the Milky Way, and that is expected to be between the Earth and the Sun on 12/21/2012. Also, they predicted the end of their civilization hundreds of years in advance, and correctly predicted it due to Spanish conquistadoras. I'm not sure how they knew this by looking at the stars, probably the drugs.

If you believe in time travel, some have suggested that people have already traveled to the future and when they pass through 2012, they experience massive awareness and higher consciousness, like all the info. in the universe is available to them.

I think, like the Mayans, that it is a new birth, we will collectively shift to higher dimensions, and that is due to technology we have that will help us accomplish this at the appropriate time. There are extraterrestrial and extradimensional beings that want to see us undergo a smooth transformation.

When 2012 the movie comes out, it's speculated that the media will try and do a hatchet job on people who believe in it. If anything, the government doesn't want us to panic. I think they ramped up our fear for Y2K, because they understood there is science behind this. Y2K was such a monumental letdown in apocalyptic terms that no one takes this 2012 thing seriously. My advice is look into the science of it, before you go judging too far one way or the other.
Keep drinking the kool aid crazy boy.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote