Music Banter - View Single Post - Aural Fixation- Gavin B.'s Music Blog
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Default Aural Fixation- Gavin B.'s Music Blog

A lot of new music falls into my hands both at work and in cyberspace. 95% is not my cup of tea. The Song of the Day feature of my journal will share some of the relatively obscure groups and artists that I've come across that show a glimmer of artistic vision. On a music site like MB some of my picks may be already be already known to some forum members especially the music conscious Brits. I am hoping that many of my picks will be new to most folks.

Song of the Day

Adam Young is Owl City

Rainbow Veins by Owl City Owl City is a recording project of Adam Young who has produced three albums in his basement in the last year and a half. He hails from Owatonna Minnesota, which is a mighty cold region of the United States. Owl City's music is in the musical territory of indie electronica. To me it sounds like trippy psychedelic pop.

Adam just released his third Owl City album called Ocean Eyes and will be doing his first big national tour beginning in September to promote the album. Here's a link to Owl City's My Space page. Rainbow Veins is from Owl City's first album, Maybe I'm Dreaming" which was released in 2008.

Last edited by Gavin B.; 07-26-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote