Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #200 (permalink)
Darkest Hour
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Dude... Ok, maybe I just assumed that since the video seems to be about 2012, that the implications were, in fact, that the world would be coming to an end.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if 2012 is just a date and all you people are "believing" in is just a number with some astrological phenomena attached (which I'd more readily agree with), then what's the big fucking deal?
If that's what you're pushing, what's next... start a cult conspiracy about the fact that water is clear in its natural state?
Give me a break.

The David guy, I can't even figure out what the hell his point was.
MY point was that regardless of whether that idiot thinks the world is going to end in 2012 or not... if you lend credibility to the crap that guy thinks he knows, you're just as delusional as he is. It's proven when you can watch those videos and extrapolate some kind of meaning from it, not to mention being able to sit through all of it with a straight face.
Seriously... where did you go to school, the Koresh compound?

Btw... I wasn't actually trying to be objective. My mind was made up before I watched the videos, back when this stupid 2012 crap came out. I was hanging the video out to dry, Einstein.
Yea, I resorted to making fun of the guy within 2 minutes of watching the first video... I think he deserved every bit of it, and I probably went easy on him.
In fact, if you have any kind of theory as to what the hell it is you're actually "believing in", I would like to hear it so I can cut it all down and make some good jokes in the process.

Don't come to a logical environment with that bullshit and complain about the resulting friction.
i was particularly interested in the ancient civilizations and the pine cone reference he was talking about. Also, everything he said about the pineal gland and how it has water in it, with those waves flipping in and out of time space or whatever had me convinced. Not sure if it was true or not though. But the whole second half of his presentation was pretty lame, which made me think he could have been making things up to fit his presentation.