Music Banter - View Single Post - Young Despite the Years - Continuing Sonic Explorations by Your Friend Rickenbacker
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Don't take this the wrong way Rick, but your mom is seriously hot. I'm a sucker for a woman with a great smile and her smile is dazzling.

My mom looks like Betty White on a bad hair day with a hangover. Try to wrap your mind around that horrifying image and realize what a lucky guy you are.

My entire family is so ugly that we hire stand-ins to pose for family portraits. It's reassuring to know that somebody in this forum is the product of a respectable gene pool. I keep praying that stem cell research will level the playing field for me.

I grew up in the swamps of Louisana and my father worked for a civil engineering company that designed many of the highway and railway bridges that are caving in all around the country right now. My mother laid around on the couch watching soap operas and complaining about her bad back all day.

My grandfather was drunken IRA member who fled to America to avoid a weapons smuggling charge brought against him by the Royal Ulster Constabulary. It was downhill from there on.

My mom hates the entire idea of music and my father's idea of good music was Gene Autry's version of Back In the Saddle Again. My parents were too busy yelling at me to turn down the music, to sit down and listen to any kind of music.

From the time I purchased my first Stooges album, music became my parent's mortal enemy. I thought my dad was having an apoplectic seizure when he first watched one of my Bob Marley videos, one day. He thought I'd joined a cult of marijuana smoking wild men and he was dead right. I was attracted to any philosophy or art that was the exact opposite of the conventional notion of good taste.

I don't hold my mom and dad responsible for the outcome of my own life. They didn't even mean to be my parents , it just happened.

Don't take me too seriously, but you need to do an intervention before mom gets carried away with that happiness routine. Happiness is overated and the world's greatest art is produced by dysfunctional misanthropes who lack the social skills and the emotional development to do anything productive with their lives. Happiness is the root of all evil.

Last edited by Gavin B.; 07-18-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote