Music Banter - View Single Post - The (English) Beat
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Heavens to Rastafari! I've just noticed that two songs that were on the 1980 I Just Can't Stop It vinyl issue have been deleted on the 1999 CD reissue of the album! I never noticed the removal of the cuts because I've never owned the CD issue of the album. If you own the CD issue of I Just Can't Stop It, check it out because these songs were cut from the all CD editions of the album.

The first song is a fantastic of cover of the Miracle's Tears of a Clown:

The second song a more glaring omission because Ranking Full Stop was Ranking Roger's signature toast and the song always blew the roof off the house at their live performances:

The reissue was done by Rhino Records which is a great reissue label but Rhino producers have been known to omit songs from reissues if a copyright holder demanded a licensing fee that Rhino felt was too high. Some copyright holders flat out refuse to grant a license for the use of the song, at any price.

You can remedy the situation by making your own high quality MP3 file for your own personal use for free! It's completely legal you're not downloading an MP3 file, rather it's a video file and there's no law (as of yet) against converting an a downloaded video file into an MP3 file for your own personal use. Below are instructions on how to make your own personal MP3 files of the two missing songs.

You need to have the free YouTube downloader software to begin with.

Click my link to the YouTube downloader which is free software. Then follow Gavin B's six easy steps below to make the MP 3 files:

How Download and Convert Any Video Posted on YouTube into Your Own Personal MP3 File.

Quote:
1. Download and install the YouTube downloader at the YouTube download link I've provided above and open up the program when it's installed.

2. Double click on the screen of each of the embedded videos of the two English Beat songs in this post I've you will pass to the YouTube page that posts each song song.

3. In the upper right hand corner of the YouTube page, you will see two different windows. The one on the top says URL highlight web address in the URL window by right clicking on the text your mouse then left click on your mouse and select Copy option on the menu. Pay no attention to second window labelled Embed, it's for embedding the video at an offsite URL.

4. Right click on the Enter video URL window on the Youtube downloader program on your desktop, then left click on the mouse and choose the Paste paste option from the menu. Then hit the OK button and a dialogue box will pop up and hit the Save button to begin download.

5. When the file is downloaded hit the button labelled Convert Video (previously downloaded) from file. Then click on the Show Files button on the YouTube downloader. You should see a flash video file (flv) of the song you just downloaded. Drag that flv file into the Select Video File window of the YouTube downloader.

6. Select the OK button and a Choose Qaulity dialog box will appear and select OK button to convert the flv file into a studio quality MP3 file. When the conversion is complete click the OK button. Then click Show Files button and you will see the converted MP3 file right next to the flv file which you can delete if you don't want it. Then you can drag the MP3 file into your own music folder of digital music.
It sounds a bit complicated but YouTube downloader really does walk you through the process and my steps are for those folks who are extreme technophobes who live in mortal fear of their computer. If you're having problems send me a PM and I'll help you out.

If you learn how to use the YouTube downloader, you can download and convert any YouTube file to the MP3. I've managed to find reggae and blues music that has been out of issue for decades on the YouTube site and converted those hard to find songs into MP3 files for my own personal music collection. I don't have any ethical issues with making unauthorized MP3 files of music that is out of issue, or otherwise unavailable for purchase at internet retailers.

Speaking of out of issue and unavailable for purchase songs, I'm going to upload the issue dub versions of Stand Down Margaret and Mirror In the Bathroom that appeared flip side of the 1980 issues of the vinyl 12" singles on YouTube in the next few days. The two dubs are totally murderous and I'll post them here as soon as the get on YouTube. Both dub versions have been out of issue for 29 years and I've never seen them posted anywhere, not even YouTube. All I need to do is find the 12" singles in my vast archives of vinyl records and work out some techincal problems I've had with the software I use for uploading files to YouTube.

Last edited by Gavin B.; 07-19-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote