Music Banter - View Single Post - Post The Specs of your computer
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
What exactly do you do with your computer? Seems like a total overkill if you aren't encoding insane amounts of data. I didn't know zalman made gpu coolers (or are you mistaking that for your cpu) because there really is no point spending money on a cooler for an 8600gt when you could use that money to buy a card 3 times better.
The card was second hand from a friend for super cheap, and the stock cooler was wearing out on the fan, being really noisy. I replaced it for that reason. Its definitely a Zalman GPU cooler, since I'm using the intel stock cooler on the CPU. I forget the name. I don't need anything more on the card for now, since the only tangible benefit of a newer card would be to kick TF2 from 50FPS upwards, or to give me HDCP compatibility, neither of which are greatly pressing concerns.

And bear in mind, the GPU, Case, Fans, 2 of the Hard drives, and the Soundcards were all part of my old build. That machine's power supply developed a fault and started blowing things up, so this machine was built to replace it on short notice.

----------------
Now playing: Elve - Cyantium Flower
via FoxyTunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote