Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #136 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
They usually do it via counter-logic.

The funny thing is that everyone is sitting there arguing the logic of the existence of god, when the logic used is specifically bound in the constraints of our known universe.
Since no one knows for sure what exists outside our universe, it's kind of hard to assume that the rules of logic that exist, in this universe, apply to anything outside it.
After all, logic is based on observation of fact. You can't make a logical argument based on an unknown factor.

What that means is that no one knows. So there's really no point in arguing it. That's why "faith" has such a large following... it's the only alternative for most.
So if no one knows what is inside an electron, I can make up something and pass it off as true? Of course not. Atheism isn't some scientific faith that combats religion, it just means a lack of theism. And based on the lack of facts at the time, there is no reason for me to believe in religion.

The topic of deconstruction of logic is one of the better religious arguements though. None of that "Prove/Disprove God" bullshit, if you are logical it makes sense to not have an opinion on it at all, considering there are little facts.
Double X is offline   Reply With Quote