Music Banter - View Single Post - This I Believe There is / is not a God
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #137 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
So if no one knows what is inside an electron, I can make up something and pass it off as true? Of course not. Atheism isn't some scientific faith that combats religion, it just means a lack of theism. And based on the lack of facts at the time, there is no reason for me to believe in religion.

The topic of deconstruction of logic is one of the better religious arguements though. None of that "Prove/Disprove God" bullshit, if you are logical it makes sense to not have an opinion on it at all, considering there are little facts.
most of it is just logical fallacies committed by separate parties. the if/then statements tend to get annoying after a while, as do the combative references to biblical passages.

proving the bible was wrong doesn't mean there isn't a deity somewhere, it just means that the bible was written by humans and is therefore subject to our flaws and imperfections as emotional beings.

in effect it's rather silly to argue about the existence of a divine being when we have absolutely no referential basis to make such blanket statements like "there is/not a god."