Music Banter - View Single Post - Dr. Crowe Answers Your Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Default Dr. Crowe Answers Your Questions

Hello all; a bit of an introduction is in store, I think.

For those of you who do not know me, I'm Crowe, and I was once a very active member of our favorite forum here. About two years ago, the state of the forum was in such a condition that I chose to discontinue regular posting and relegate myself to relative silence for my own benefit. As I've been back to check up here and there, I've noticed that I rather like the atmosphere of the forum now - and am presumptuous enough to assume you'd all like to get to know me or re-acquaint yourselves with me should you have been around long enough to know me before. Rampant narcissistic ego aside, I'd like to get to know all of you again or meet you for the first time.

What is this thread? A sense of a forum's community is often discovered when people have certain issues and they are comfortable bringing these issues to the forum's attention - whether it be for venting or emotional support. What I plan to do is to play "psychiatrist" and give advice or comment on the problems that anyone would like to put forth. My answers can and will be either/or: blunt, sarcastic, outrageous, humorous, meaningful etc, etc... whatever mood strikes me at the time. I will answer questions in the order they are received, when I have time in which to answer them. If you are going to ask a question, tell me all of the information I will need to know about the situation at hand in order to fully diagnose and try to remedy the problem.

Note: I am not a real doctor or even receiving an education that would safely allow me to treat people, irl. That being said, if you are having serious problems - I'd be glad to hear them, but you might want to consider seeking professional help. My advice comes from a paltry 22 years of living in some pretty interesting situations.

Who is first?