Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst music critics
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 PM   #49 (permalink)
Fruitonica
Pale and Wan

Quote:
No, I despise them because they have an undeserved sense of self worth, or else they wouldn't expect to get paid to be stupid, closed minded c*ntbags.

Actually, it does, most people who do it for free do it a hell of a lot better than people who don't. Mainly because the internet can actually offer you helpful reviews that come from the heart and aren't knee deep in snobbery and pretentiousness.
The problem is that you have this hostile and bitter attitude towards all music journalists, that is based off a few you seem to personally dislike. Which blinds you to anything they actually do well. You're painting them all as elitist ****heads, but I just don't see it.

Quote:
That's just plain stupid.

That's like saying Nickelback are better than other bands because they make more money.
Better than 90% of the bands formed by highschool kids that never make an album or play a gig perhaps, or the legions of cover bands and god awful pub rock that plague Australia. Anyway, I don't think jumping art mediums makes a decent comparison here.

Quote:
I don't think so, Rate Your Music and LastFm also has some very knowledgable peeps, even Amazon does from time to time despite a high concentration of idiots.
I find that the majority are just a description of the music and then saying how much they liked it, which is dull. But sure, I could try harder - there's plenty of good stuff out there.
Fruitonica is offline   Reply With Quote