Music Banter - View Single Post - Electric Guitar 101
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by million dollar basher View Post

But don't get me wrong....I'd go for a good ol' fashioned Gretsch White Falcon before I bought an Ibanez Hollow-body. ; )
i totally hear you on all points (just didn't want to make a long quote). i'm guilty of doing similar things, although when i finally decided to dump well over a grand on a guitar i was old enough to be able to walk away from that cash as if i lost it in a fire. then again i'm no pro so a guitar of that quality and price was pure ego.

on the other hand there is something to be said about actually saving up for a relatively nice piece of gear. by not financing it or dumping onto a credit card you force yourself to really consider all the options and whether or not you really want that piece. it's good for your self-discipline, especially if you're toiling away at the beater you learned on while saving up for your first real quality instrument. it might seem like a long time in the moment but saving up for 9 months for a guitar that is now a teenager doesn't seem that long anymore hahaha

can't say i'm familiar with reverend guitars, they look pretty cool from the site though. my offbeat guitar maker of choice is eastwood guitars, haven't actually tried one yet but they look awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote