Music Banter - View Single Post - Silversun Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #106 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
No pixies love?

In this thread:

- They do sound like the pumpkins.

- The pumpkins made great music for an entire decade.

- There no logic is "I don't like these guys because they sound like [band]"
the pixies are one of those bands that never grabbed me. not sure why, most of my friends were all over them back in the day. i never minded hearing their stuff i just never felt compelled to listen to them on my own. not really hearing their influence in this band nearly as much as the pumpkins.

i never said i didn't like silversun pickups, but i've only heard like a half dozen songs and the only one that really stood out for me was the one on rockband2 (lazy eye). if i want to listen to something that reminds me of the smashing pumpkins i'll dig out my copy of their catalog (if only the first track on gish didn't skip all over the place GRRRR)

as for the female bass player angle i remember corgan saying it was a conscious decision on his part. for some reason he felt that a woman would play the instrument differently than a man, less testosterone = less aggressive playing = more playing of what you're told instead of what you want?

whether or not it's a similar situation or just coincidence in the silversun pickups i don't know, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... i'm gonna call it a duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote