Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #99 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktarist View Post
You should've said that to begin with! Now there's a whole new perspective on the situation--I had at first thought you were some incredibly wary and talented teenager (as most here are just kids). Please, I've been an ass. Head over to my thread and throw baseless critiques at me please. It's the least I could do for responding disrespectfully to someone twice my age!

I contradict myself way too much.

May I critique your songs properly?
Hey Nick,
Thanks for your post. I accept your apology. I hope you know, though, that if my song lyrics and the way I write about animal/human issues seemed to you to be naive or over-critical of people, then I think it is good that you gave me your honest feedback...whether I'm 15, 25, or 35! I understand it would offend readers if they feel I am trying to "cure" the people on MusicBanter. That is always an issue, I think, with what I write, because the songs are intended to change how people view human/animal interactions.

If I could choose, it would be for you to critique posts in my thread as if I were no different than other MB members. In other words, let my work/posts speak for themselves without my age being part of the equation. Being older (and a mom!) doesn't prevent me from using cliches, tired phrasing, over-long lyrics, etc.!

I've seen your helpful critiques of the work of other MB members (such as Stone Bird) over the last several months and my observation is that you treat them all respectfully, regardless of their age. I try to do that, too. Of course I won't throw baseless critiques at you , but I'd be honored if or when you have more time to look at more of my poems/lyrics when I post them.
--Erica
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote