Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #296 (permalink)
Double X
sleepe

Quote:
Throw your staistics at what you will, but how cool is your kid going to look with a black eye sitting outside the princples office after he got beat up? All the bullies say he started the fight, he gets suspended and gets laughed at because he had to call his mommy in to fight his fight? You're going to let him supress that? Good luck.
Is your goal to make your child a 'cool' kid, or a thoughtful and respectful one?

Physical discipline only proves that force proves you are right. That they must respect because you are stronger. Is that what you want to teach your kids? Using force to prove your point will only encourage kids to do the same. It doesn't promote logic or understanding.

I agree with everything lateralus/others said, physical discipline is entirely useless when raising a child. I know its an isolated example, but my parents never physically disciplined me once. My parents never had to, and I ended up okay (I think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
I recommend saving everything you've written in this conversation and reevaluating it in 5-10 years when you grow up and if you don't see how ridiculous what your saying is then, kill yourself.
ouch...
Double X is offline   Reply With Quote