Music Banter - View Single Post - Aural Fixation- Gavin B.'s Music Blog
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Song of the Day

Hotel California- Los Lobos (from an unreleased studio session)

Forget everything you ever knew about the song Hotel California and listen to this Los Lobos version. This Los Lobos leaves the Eagles eating dust as they blaze through this latin flavored cover of the Eagle's signature song. Los Lobos officially own Hotel California and the Eagles ain't never gonna get it back. The Eagles shouldn't take it personally because Los Lobos has a long history of playing every song they cover better than the original artist.

There aren't many bands where the musicians play off each other's chops as well as Los Lobos does. They are still well oiled powerhouse band even as all of it's members are well into middle age.

I came across this unreleased rare recording of Hotel California in the oddest of ways. If you're interested in knowing the story double click on the YouTube embed and read the story on my YouTube page. Anyhow it's one of 11 previously unreleased cover songs by East LA's favorite sons that I'm uploading to YouTube and I call them the Los Lobos Mystery Songs, because all of the songs are unreleased and I'm not even sure how the songs ended up in my possession.

Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote