Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #9195 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Not in Norwich no but still close to me, some brilliant acts as well, i only just learned about the Vaselines playing it.

Latitude Festival 2009 :: Home

Haha you've just listed my favourite record shops! Especially Press to Play, i always have some good chats with the owner there, i bought most of my rare-ish Smiths vinyls from Circular Sound as well. Beatniks is brilliant as well but i haven't been there in ages and heard it was being sold which is quite sad.
Looks like it was a good time (even if it was in Suffolk ). I could swear the Fall played at that festival one year. It was either Latitude or something else pretty local.

And the guy who owns Press To Play is indeed a legend. The place was probably my favourite record store of the lot - I managed to find a fairly rare Bowie bootleg and a rare-as-hen's-teeth Nico album there as well, among various other goodies. Shame to hear about Beatniks though, I used to get quite well the owner. Still, Anglia Square and St Benedicts on the whole are basically sanctuaries for skiving A-level students like I was if they're anything like they were 2 or 3 years ago.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote