Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #9191 (permalink)
why bother?
 
Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh. View Post
Is that a good old can of strongbow you have in your hand ?
Would've been some lager or other. You wouldn't catch me drinking cider in a million years Whoever that weirdo in the white is up front seems to be enjoying it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Where was this dude, local to me i assume?
You're out by Norwich aren't you? This was at Wells Carnival, right on the north coast. Nice little spot - the Animals of House Of the Rising Sun fame played there last Saturday. I've got a pic or two of that, but upping them to photobucket just takes too much energy.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #9192 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
You're out by Norwich aren't you? This was at Wells Carnival, right on the north coast. Nice little spot, the Animals of House Of the Rising Sun fame played there last Saturday. I've got a pic or two of that, but upping them to photobucket just takes too much energy.
Out of Norwich yeah, about 12 miles if you know where Loddon is but Lowestoft is on my bus route so not enormously north. I've heard of Well's and wow, the Animals! I'm guessing you've never been to Latitude? I always feel guilty because it's so close to my doorstep, missed Nick Cave this year as well!
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #9193 (permalink)
why bother?
 
Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Out of Norwich yeah, about 12 miles if you know where Loddon is but Lowestoft is on my bus route so not enormously north. I've heard of Well's and wow, the Animals! I'm guessing you've never been to Latitude? I always feel guilty because it's so close to my doorstep, missed Nick Cave this year as well!
Nick Cave? In Norwich? Damn, I've really gotta keep my ear to the ground for local gigs and the like.

Loddon rings a bell, or at least I think it does. You're quite the fortunate chap to live so close to Norwich, it's a great place, especially for music shopping. Dunno if Press To Play, Beatniks or Circular Sound are open anymore, but I did used to spend a lot of time I should've been in college flicking through their selections when I was doing A-levels.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #9194 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Nick Cave? In Norwich? Damn, I've really gotta keep my ear to the ground for local gigs and the like.

Loddon rings a bell, or at least I think it does. You're quite the fortunate chap to live so close to Norwich, it's a great place, especially for music shopping. Dunno if Press To Play, Beatniks or Circular Sound are open anymore, but I did used to spend a lot of time I should've been in college flicking through their selections when I was doing A-levels.
Not in Norwich no but still close to me, some brilliant acts as well, i only just learned about the Vaselines playing it.

Latitude Festival 2009 :: Home

Haha you've just listed my favourite record shops! Especially Press to Play, i always have some good chats with the owner there, i bought most of my rare-ish Smiths vinyls from Circular Sound as well. Beatniks is brilliant as well but i haven't been there in ages and heard it was being sold which is quite sad.
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #9195 (permalink)
why bother?
 
Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Not in Norwich no but still close to me, some brilliant acts as well, i only just learned about the Vaselines playing it.

Latitude Festival 2009 :: Home

Haha you've just listed my favourite record shops! Especially Press to Play, i always have some good chats with the owner there, i bought most of my rare-ish Smiths vinyls from Circular Sound as well. Beatniks is brilliant as well but i haven't been there in ages and heard it was being sold which is quite sad.
Looks like it was a good time (even if it was in Suffolk ). I could swear the Fall played at that festival one year. It was either Latitude or something else pretty local.

And the guy who owns Press To Play is indeed a legend. The place was probably my favourite record store of the lot - I managed to find a fairly rare Bowie bootleg and a rare-as-hen's-teeth Nico album there as well, among various other goodies. Shame to hear about Beatniks though, I used to get quite well the owner. Still, Anglia Square and St Benedicts on the whole are basically sanctuaries for skiving A-level students like I was if they're anything like they were 2 or 3 years ago.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #9196 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Looks like it was a good time (even if it was in Suffolk ). I could swear the Fall played at that festival one year. It was either Latitude or something else pretty local.

And the guy who owns Press To Play is indeed a legend. The place was probably my favourite record store of the lot - I managed to find a fairly rare Bowie bootleg and a rare-as-hen's-teeth Nico album there as well, among various other goodies. Shame to hear about Beatniks though, I used to get quite well the owner. Still, Anglia Square and St Benedicts on the whole are basically sanctuaries for skiving A-level students like I was if they're anything like they were 2 or 3 years ago.
Mark E Smith was supposed to play a solo gig at the waterfront not too long ago but he cancelled, don't know if thats what you're refering to.

My main prize from Press to Play is a Bowie single of Rebel Rebel which is supposed to be backed with Queen Bitch but is actually backed with Song for Bob Dylan, i've never checked it out but i'm sure it's worth a bit as a misprint. I think Anglia Square is anything but a sanctuary to me but Benedicts definitely. It;s quite surreal talking to someone about this, my music conquests were always solo!
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #9197 (permalink)
we are stardust
 
Astronomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,863
Default

Taken stealthily by one of my flatmates.

__________________

Last edited by Astronomer; 08-13-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: image link decided to not work
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #9198 (permalink)
gun whales
 
gunnels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Knoxville/Nashville, TN, USA, NA, E, S, LC, MW, Known Universe
Posts: 1,702
Default

Is that the lemon guy or someone else?

Cool misfits pillow btw.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
Fuck your hashtags, they have no power in this realm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are.
Let's Play TF2 Sometime.|Unrepresentative Last.fm.|Puns, Pokemon, and Miscellany
gunnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #9199 (permalink)
we are stardust
 
Astronomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnels View Post
Is that the lemon guy or someone else?

Cool misfits pillow btw.
lol the lemon guy....
Nah, it's the bestfriend/flatmate-turned-boyfriend.
'Tis his pillow!
__________________
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #9200 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
lol the lemon guy....
Nah, it's the bestfriend/flatmate-turned-boyfriend.
'Tis his pillow!
sorry, dac.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.