Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #9196 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Looks like it was a good time (even if it was in Suffolk ). I could swear the Fall played at that festival one year. It was either Latitude or something else pretty local.

And the guy who owns Press To Play is indeed a legend. The place was probably my favourite record store of the lot - I managed to find a fairly rare Bowie bootleg and a rare-as-hen's-teeth Nico album there as well, among various other goodies. Shame to hear about Beatniks though, I used to get quite well the owner. Still, Anglia Square and St Benedicts on the whole are basically sanctuaries for skiving A-level students like I was if they're anything like they were 2 or 3 years ago.
Mark E Smith was supposed to play a solo gig at the waterfront not too long ago but he cancelled, don't know if thats what you're refering to.

My main prize from Press to Play is a Bowie single of Rebel Rebel which is supposed to be backed with Queen Bitch but is actually backed with Song for Bob Dylan, i've never checked it out but i'm sure it's worth a bit as a misprint. I think Anglia Square is anything but a sanctuary to me but Benedicts definitely. It;s quite surreal talking to someone about this, my music conquests were always solo!

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote