Music Banter - View Single Post - Indie Band Names
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird119 View Post
I agree with you completley. Indie artists are bullied for making the same mistakes with naming their band as pop, rock, etc. artsists b/c indie is kind of the loner kid on the music scene, the only one with a real soul and meaning so they stand out. i honestly dont think that a bands name should really define anything about them, or even the titles of their songs. all it should really be about is the meaning and lyrics of a song and the bands music playing abillites. that way, sell out artist like green day (who have made millions of dollars by playing 3 riffs over and over in every song) would be the outcasts while all the real musicans could get the recognition they deserve without the fear of selling out and losing their soul in this dog eat dog business.
lolwut

you're talking about indie, right?

nah, just kidding, but there's other genres that can posess those qualities as well, you know. and with band names, i don't really care about how sh*tty a band's name is, and believe me, i've heard some sh*tastic ones, i'll give them a listen.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 08-14-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote