Music Banter - View Single Post - Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Default Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved

For whatever reason, I feel like having a huge rant about this and rest assured it's gonna piss some people off.

I have a lot of problems with feminism, or at least how a lot of feminists prevent themselves, and their idealization of what women should be like (which is to basically be men with vaginas, or so it seems these days at least) is just as oppressive and constricting as what they are rallying against. It's just hypocritical bullsh*t.

It served a great purpose once, but now it's just as oppressive to women as chauvinism, it needs to die.

Now of course I'm not talking about all feminists. But I have a deep resentment for those who try to make other women feel that their feminity is something to be ashamed of, isn't that the opposite of feminism? Feminity is natural.

No, it's not obligation for all women to wear lipstick and have a great body. But for a lot of women it IS just natural beauty and natural behavior that makes them "feminine", and the radical feminists who make an issue out of that, to hell with them. Stop trying to make us miserable.

Yeah some of you are gonna say "but that's not what feminism is about", I'm not saying it is but it sure f*cking seems like it.

Women have much higher standards of men than men do of women and that's just a plain fact, and I'd go as far as to say they're even more unrealistic. And why is it that we as men be ashamed for finding women with large breasts attractive? How often do men protest how men are portrayed in films and the unrealistic standards women have when it comes to masculine beauty? Yeah that's right, never.

And that's problem number 1, it's like radical feminists want to insure that we never get an erection ever again. And it's like whenever a woman is proud of her beauty and flaunts it, she's being a bad role model and a whore, while when men do it, they're just being men, duh. I mean they'll gripe about anything, they gripe about the f*cking chicks in Disney movies for crying out loud.

It's like men having an idealized, fantastical vision of female beauty is inherently wrong, and it's not. So the f*ck what? Escapism, I see nothing wrong with it, I mean when feminists rant about sexism in movies, cartoons and video games, it's f*cking stupid. Why does it matter if the women are unrealistically attractive? It's fantasy, does it need to be realistic? No.

Talking animals, genies, mermaids, sorcerers, fine and dandy. Attractive women who need to be rescued because they're too weak to fight the bad guy? Yeah, first off, women who are weaker than men? Yeah, I don't care if it's fantasy, such a thing obviously doesn't f*cking exist, any woman in a movie should be expected to kick anyones ass, just like any woman in real life is built like a pro wrestler. And even women like that who can kick ass, can be considered bad role models too, cuz they have boobs, OMFG.

That's problem number two, radical feminists seem to be ashamed of their feminity and the simple fact that they're actually different from us, instead of being proud of the traits that make them different from men, which I would think is what feminism should REALLY be about, no, instead feminism thinks there should be no distinction between the two sexes at all.

That makes about as much sense as black people trying to make themselves white in order to be "equal". Clearly they don't even know what that word means, "equal". Equal doesn't mean "to be exactly the f*cking same". We have d*cks, you don't. DEAL WITH IT.

Look at it this way, I have nothing personal against fat, ugly, puss spewing abominations against god Lesbians who smell like bacon gone bad (ok, I do actually) but please stop giving us sh*t because that's not what turns us on.

If the point of feminism was to give women the same opportunities as men, then great, we're closer to that goal then ever, so why all the bitching? We're not this society that forces women to be stay at home moms anymore. What purpose does feminism have now? Yes I know the media is full of bad role models for women like Paris Hilton, but it has just as many bad male role models, and this is never gonna change. Feminism can't solve this problem because all it does is try to make others feel ashamed of themselves when they shouldn't be.

And problem number 3 with radical feminism is how it discriminates against women who not only pride their feminity but their maternity and "homemaker" role in a relationship as well.

To me this is not any different than how women used to be treated, only now the idealism of what a women should be has changed. The original idea was that a women shouldn't be constricted to being a stay at home mom or being constricted to being a sex object, she should be entitled to be whatever she wants to be.

But now, if a women chooses to be a stay at home mom or actually pride her physical beauty and making her man happy. Then she's either a mindless slave or a slut. Basically it's saying all women have to be abrasive and never passive, even though it's natural for both men AND women to be passive.

This is just as oppressive if not more, a lot of (not all) women I find, are just naturally feminine, just as a lot of men (not all) are naturally masculine. I don't discriminate against women who are masculine or men who are feminine. Point is they're two distinct characteristics which often attract each other, that's why we assume the opposing roles we have. We don't have to assume these roles, but we shouldn't be villified because we choose to take them.

Some of you will be quick to call me a sexist because you didn't quite get my point. I'm not sexist, I love women, and not just because of sexual attraction. A woman doesn't have to be confined to being feminine or sexually attractive but I don't see anything wrong with a woman actually taking pride in her feminity, and the fact that this is the message radical feminists are projecting greatly disturbs me. I think I'm more feminist than a lot of women who call themselves feminist, because I don't think feminity is some force of f*cking evil.

The goal of modern radical feminists really makes no sense. It's not based on any real logic or respect for humanity, it's based around jealously and bitterness, and this is just another form of bigotry.

Feel free to rip me a new one here. But for the lot of you who doesn't think feminism is doing a lot of harm, may I remind you?

K, thx for reading.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.