Music Banter - View Single Post - Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Nyesus, just because some friend of your mommy's is now, thanks to the feminist movement, able to earn over $60,000 a year doesn't necessarily mean that women throughout the "third world" are being treated as equals. To claim that there's "nothing left for feminist activists to do" is just bloody ridiculous and almost cheerfully ignorant.
I've already made it clear that I'm only talking about western society here.

I'm not an idiot, I know women in many areas of the world are treated like crap. What I'm saying is, that in American culture it's become nothing more than a liability for both men and women. I applaud feminists who are making a difference around the world or at least try to. But there's a lot of so called feminists in this country, who instead of actually concerning themselves with real problems, choose to bitch about Playboy and Disney movies instead.

And thus instead of contributing to real feminist causes they just make a mockery out of it.

Quote:
Forgive me for traipsing a bit off-topic here, but had you actually read the Bible (which, in light of this quote of yours, I'm left to assume that you haven't), you'd be well-aware that the Westboro Baptist Church absolutely represents the ideals of "true" Christians. "Fundamentalist", or "literalist" Christianity is, in effect, the only "true" Christianity, when one considers that, if left open to personal interpretation, the Bible can be construed as an authorization of just about anything, thus rendering "Christianity" meaningless. The simple act of reading the Bible and having your perspective on life mildly reformed makes you about as much a "Christian" as the simple act of reading Nineteen Eighty-Four and having my perspective on life mildly reformed makes me an Orwellist.

Were she attractive (in your eyes), but behaved in precisely the same manner, would you be doing this much complaining about it? Also, how exactly is she "cramming it down people's fucking throats"? By appearing on magazine covers? By appearing on stage in skimpy outfits? She's not "cramming" her apparent unattractiveness down our throats any more than a myriad of blonde Hollywood actresses are shoving their apparent attractiveness down our throats. It appears, to me, at least, that you do, in fact, hate her because she's "ugly".

And all of this after you spend a night ripping on Christopher Hitchens for being a supposed "sexist jerk".
First, I'm not gonna let this turn into another debate about Christianity.

Second, yeah, that's why I don't like Beth Ditto. As she's clearly a wonderful person.

If I rip on someone for being ugly it's somebody I clearly have a personal dislike of to begin with. Isn't that the case for most people? Why yes, it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
Not really, if you think about it there are people who fit those stereotypes, and those people are usually the center of the argument and recieve the most discrimination. I just said that men who exhibit those qualities are naturally that way, not that everyone is like that.
But women of course can never be naturally feminine, it's only because we tell them to be, otherwise they'd all look like KD Lang.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.