Music Banter - View Single Post - Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I admit to not knowing any of that, but I never claimed to know what "real" feminism is, I just know what it isn't and no I don't consider these people to be true feminists, never claimed they were. The founding of the movement or it's true ideals is not the issue I'm discussing, just the way it's bastardized like any other political ideal or movement.

But you know, having to point out for sheer convenience the specific kind of viewpoint I'm talking about when it should be obvious to anyone with a brain is kinda pointless. I didn't feel obligated to put "radical" or "some" in front of the word "feminists" every damn time. I just assumed people would get right off the bat what I was talking about.

But hooray for completely ignoring everything I said just to make assumptions about me based on absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Last bit directed at Bungalow not you.
Well I did know what you were talking about immediately, because I feel the same way about these 'radical' feminists or whatever we wish to call them. I just felt the need to point out that not all feminism is like that because even though you are referring to one particular strain of feminist action, a lot of people are misguided into thinking that all feminism is like this. So I just felt the need to point that out. Otherwise I completely agree with you when you make the point that radical feminism is slightly outrageous and I do know what you are talking about.