Music Banter - View Single Post - Radical Feminism *WARNING* There is a pic of Beth Ditto involved
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #113 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Learn your facts man... actually most military related sexual assaults occur between military men and civilian women, often foreign women. In fact 17.6% of civilian women in the us have experienced rape/attempted rape or sexual assault (source:RAINN) compared to just 11% of active duty and reserve military women (source:PBS). So statistically speaking, you are safer as a female in the military.
That's still a freakish amount you realize that? If it's 11% of women in the military, and (I quickly googled and the site looked sketchy but I'm going with the number anyway because it still proves a point) there's 250,000 women in the military then that means nearly 30,000 have been sexually assaulted. The amount of horror stories that are reported and the fact the military tries to hid a good deal of these statistics is frightening. I don't really think you can justify the treatment or treat it like it isn't a small problem anyway. This is just some of the stories on the first page when you search "sexual assault on women in the military."

Women's eNews - Sexual Assault Pervasive in Military, Experts Say
Sex Assaults Against Women in Military 'Epidemic' - ABC News
Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says - CNN.com
Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says - CNN.com
The private war of women soldiers | Salon News

Quote:
Welcome to the military.

They don't want to get out, they want to stay in for the pay and not have to do any work. There's a difference.
And I'm sure this sort of laziness is an attribute of all women, after all who can forget the 250,000 military babies that popped up over the past few years! I see no difference between this, which I don't think is nearly the problem you make it out to be, and a male soldier shooting himself in the foot to get honorably discharged.