Music Banter - View Single Post - Rainfall Presents: An Omnibus
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rainfall
Not your best friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieLover View Post
:S I've learned a lot about myself in the past few days...one such fact being that i am not nearly as smart as I think i am.

When i said that Diamond Daze was mediocre, i was mostly looking at one or two aspects (which i described). I don't take back what i said, but i also need to remember not to post so haughtely when i get in the kind of mindset where i can't think artistically and everything starts looking the same. I had a long discussion with a fellow writer friend last night about poetry (and i use the phrase "fellow writer" loosely because he is sooo much more advanced than i) and he re-opened the door to the abstract world of poetry.
MY preferred style is what I described to you, but if we all wrote like me, none of us would ever have a chance.
Revelations are usually very good things. If we didn't have them every so often, how would we change (and for the better, I hope). I realized as soon as I read your post you prefer the type of poetry that paints a very detailed and beautiful image, whereas I tend to write in abstract, indistinct and sometimes hard-to-follow style. I sometimes wish I was the 'distinct image' type of person, but what can I do? Practice, I suppose.

Well, I hope you wait before giving an in-depth critique, as to give me time to (hopefully) blow you away. Give me time to seek and find inspiration, and I'll give you time to get your head on straight. Just because you've found you are not as smart as you thought you were doesn't mean you are and less smart than before, just less ignorant, so good for you. I try to stray away from being ignorant as much as possible, but it is a force that finds it's way into everyone, haha.

I look forward to future encounters.
Rule #7 – Trust only when trusted.

Last edited by Rainfall; 08-31-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote