Music Banter - View Single Post - Do we really exist?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #83 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

Quote:
But we cannot approach philosophical matters with the methodology of the natural sciences.
There we go.

As far as the placebo effect, i know that it is real. But i also think that maybe the variety of things that often get classified as working "simply" because of this are perhaps a bit broad. The power of suggestion is perhaps a much more powerful healing method than we give credit for. There are lots of books on natural energy/healing/positive thinking etc. but the one I've read is Woman's body, woman's wisdom....i doubt you'll take the time to look at it, but essentially it alludes to the powers beyond modern medicine for healing (and it was written by a doctor, not a "quack" if that helps)

Oh, and I just mentioned "ghost stories" because you did... ghosts, though connected to the topic, are kind of in a different little box, in my opinion, than what we are talking about.

Other than that, i don't really disagree with anything you said toretorden... Perhaps I am simply more willing to consciously amongst the parodoxical realities that I see than your average bear.
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote