Music Banter - View Single Post - The Ballad of Joey and Donnie (my first draft ever)
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
I think Donnie knew why Joey was laughing, as it was obvious. Maybe instead: 'You think that was funny?"
And why was Donnie sitting at the light so damn long? The line I put in bold seemed unecessary in the 'spur of the moment' you got built up. Maybe instead of 'The light has turned yellow again' something like 'by that time, several minutes have passed, and the light had turned yellow again.'
It may just be me, but I think it would read better like that, or something similar.
That part about Joey's laughin may have come out weird, because I was going a different way with it up to Joey's line at first, then I switched it up. I didn't think about whether it would flow right after that change, so I'll review it and see what I can do.
I'm not really understanding the traffic light edit. Several minutes sounds like he's been sitting there longer than what was originally put, which I thought you didn't like? I dunno, I's confused.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote