Music Banter - View Single Post - NIN drop out of MTV movie awards over bush dispute
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Heavily Liberal, well someone works for Fox. Have you ever thought that people make a political commentary because they believe it and not because they want to be fashionable.

Sorry kid, but its far to easy to dismiss the song and an "unmolested photograph" as commercially driven, but we aren't all coroparte whores.
Haha I probably did come off as a conservative to someone like yourself, but the fact is not all PC e-politics is simply right or left. Continue to draw a f*cking line and throw people on either side. If you're denying that Hollywood is liberal, then you're simply a moron. I'm not a fan of GWB, never said I was.
While we're sitting here assuming things, kid (i can't believe i'm called a kid by someone younger than me), I do think this is "commercially driven" and the fact that Reznor would even think of performing at the MTV movie awards to begin with suggests he is indeed a corporate whore. Boo hoo, MTV being deuche bags, what a f*cking surprise. Either you play at a big venue or you don't. By their actions, it suggest to me that they merely agreed to the gig just to use that specific stage prop. Now that is sad, kid.
I'm not taking anything away from NIN or Reznor. It should be apparent that I am a fan of their work, but I reiterate, I think the political commentary is unnecessary, and they did not have to chose to back out of the gig merely because MTV was unsurprisingly being d*cks.