Music Banter - View Single Post - Aural Fixation- Gavin B.'s Music Blog
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #81 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Song of the Day

My #1 Soul Sister ---Bettye LaVette

Take Me As I Am -Bettye LaVette- Kanye is pissed because Beyonce's Single Girl didn't win MTV's award for best song? I'd be embarssed to publicly admit I liked that song, let alone disrupt an awards ceremony because I thought it was "the greatest song of the decade." Kanye's disruption of the MTV Awards because Beyonce didn't win best song is most pathetic stunt on behalf of a bad cause that I've ever witnessed.

Today I'm taking a vow that I will never watch MTV, buy any music on Sony/BMG, or listen to any music by Kayne West or Beyonce again. They may be symptoms of the dismal shape the music industry is in, but I'm finished with enabling any of them swindle the American public out of their hard earned money from this day forward. I don't have to sit passively while music moguls at Sony and MTV force feed me the kind of musical garbage that isn't fit for consumption by a tone deaf donkey.

Maybe Kanye should be crusading on behalf of Bettye LaVette who's been ignored by mainstream music awards for over 4 decades and has more soul in her little finger than Beyonce.

Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote