Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #120 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
I was pretty sure it was a metaphor based on this quote. but your use of the metaphor is pretty overbearing. The intended meaning somehow gets lost for me.
Unfan, that's a good point you make (in bold above)...that my intended meaning somehow gets lost underneath the overbearing metaphor.

Quote:
I find it [the Adam and Eve story] silly to the point that I can't take it seriously at all. The story is inane on the same level as Clifford The Big Red Dog. What I do find interesting is the fact that so many people believe it.
I agree that it is interesting so many people believe.

What? You don't like Clifford the Big Red Dog?!? The freakishly large, evolutionarily improbable, friendly dog? Who is red? And talks? Ahh, my friend, perhaps you need to read the book where Clifford wears many different cute Halloween outfits and you will at last see the brilliance of this modern incarnation of the "A boy and his dog" theme.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 09-14-2009 at 12:35 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote