Music Banter - View Single Post - SRV vs. Johnny Winter
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
True. He was THE generic blues rocker.

I can't stand Ac/DC but Angus Young was the consummate generic Blue-Rock Rocker, he didn't play out of the blues scale box, but I'm not knocking him, Angus Young was a pretty at what he does being a generic Blues-Rock Rocker.

I think there's a difference, just like there is a difference between medium and medium-rare with steak there is a difference a generic blues Rocker and the caliber of guitar player such as Stevie Ray Vaughn. Stevie Ray Vaughn was more truer to the blues then the guitarist of the 70's, like say Jimmy Page who used the blues scale as a jumping off point into hard Rock riffs.

If one knew about the Blues one would know Stevie Ray Vaughn style is was heavily influnce by Buddy Guy.

Please don't tell me that Buddy Guy is a generic blues...

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 09-19-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote