Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #381 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

sadistic nutjob: ya, sounds kinda like me.

getting an incurable disease is a totally different situation from the end of the world. For one thing, if you have an incurable disease, you have at least a few hours (usually days, weeks, months or even years) to clean up your life, mend your relationships, finish up your will and die, leaving all your loved ones to mourn you for hopefully more than a few days. The end of the world however....completely different.
It'd be scary as fuck just because noone's ever experianced it before, but since humanity would cease to exist as we know it, who really cares? If we haven't lived our lives to the fullest possible every single day (which, lets face it, who actually does that?) then nothing we do in our final hours can fix that, end of the world or not. For goodness sakes, we shouldn't base our lives trying to figure out when we're going to die, we should base it on the fact that, YES, we are all going to die regardless of what we do, and how do we want to be remembered? and if we won't be remembered, how much fun do we want to have?

PS-recently I've been trying really hard to find a point for living at all, and can't really find one that doesn't rely on someone elses existance being important.... if none of us are individually important, and as a race our existance isn't really important, then fu.ck it we might as well drive ourselves into the ground.
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote