Music Banter - View Single Post - Overated Films
Thread: Overated Films
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #392 (permalink)
Dr.Seussicide
FakingSuicideForApplause

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I prefer The Dark Knight believe it or not, so no that dosen't make it overrated.

What makes it overrated is when so many idiots say "TDK is perfect, 89 Batman is sucky and has no redeeming quality at all" and just spout out a bunch of arguments that contradict themselves.

I do think that while TDK is overall a better film, there were some things that the 89 film did way better, and it shouldn't hurt people so damn much to just acknowledge that. I find that a lot of the things people criticize 89 Batman for are actually among it's strong points.

For example, when people say Batman is too quiet and out of the spotlight, well that's who Batman is, and when people say The Joker is too goofy and over the top, well that's who The Joker is. I thought Keaton was the better Batman because he was much more subtle, the fact that he didn't "look" like Batman is what made him so good for the role.

Burton's film also had the better visual style and way better music so there were certainly things about it that were better than TDK.
These I definitely agree with, I love Tim Burton as a director, he's actually one of favorites, but I wouldn't let other people's ignorance let me call one of the greatest films of 2008 overrated.

Dr.Seussicide is offline   Reply With Quote