Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 12:28 AM   #383 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

goody, i've graduated from sadistic nutjob to serial killer in a mere 15 minutes! hoorah.
I'm saying, knowing that we are going to die doesn't change anything...we already know that. I'm pretty sure every single person who has ever walked the earth has either died or ceased to exist as a human on earth, so woopdy doo, congratulations, death is one of the most predicatable conditions of existance. More predictable than the sun rising even, id say. The difference between "normal" death and "world ending" death is who is left behind. Feelings and grief don't matter anymore if humans cease to exist, so whether you left the world on good terms or not is pointless, no one will be left to remember you. If YOU are the only one dying, then you leave your friends, family, and enemies behind to remember you...and in some sense of the word, that matters. If i knew I was going to die...me individually...that would change how I live life. however, knowing the world is going to end...i probably wouldn't. For one thing, I'd be doing all i could to hold off panic, and the best way to do that would be to continue living as I always had. For another thing, I don't think i could really enjoy the trite trappings of humanity knowing it was all going to be blown up in a few minutes (hours, days, whatever) if there truely was a finite date for its and my existance. I'm not a lyer, im just a bit more apathetic than you.
The only way I would change my behavior would be for religious reasons, but wait, the religion I believe in says im already set...so nope, id be just fine.

And if everyone dies...again...nothing matters. It only matters if someone survives.
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote