Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #387 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

do you not read? Do you insist on being insolent to the point that i have to repeat myself??
Cancer...old age...its different because you're leaving someone behind. Our human existence is based soley on social interactions...affirmations of existence through touch, speech, love, hate...its all based on other people. If the other people don't exist, then neither does our "lack of existence." Its not that humans are by nature unimportant (although I'm getting to the point where I might argue this point...it would be fruitless to do so), its that we are ONLY important in a social context. Thats what i mean. Even our relationship with our God(s) is a social one.
As for "nobody wants to die" why don't you try telling that to all the people who have commited suicide in the past month? Why don't you try telling that to about 20% of my friends? I'm betting a lot of money they would love to argue with you.

Quote:
You clearly don't value your life at all.
I only value it in the context of other people. If suicide wasn't the most selfish of all acts, I'd be dead. If i had no hope of ever finding my soul mate, i'd be dead. me myself and i, dont matter. Its you, her, him, they that matter. Since I matter to them, I matter.

Quote:
Even if I was the only person on earth, I'd still have the will to live.
If I hadn't read some stuff about your personal life, I'd say you obviously don't know what it's like to be alone. Despite what i know about your life (which is indeed very very limited) i am going to have to assert again that you really don't have any kind of idea what it is like to be completely 100% alone in the world. The worst punishment is not death, it's solitary confinement. How much more would that be magnifiyed if there was not a single person left on the planet for you to cry to? For you to yell at or argue with or cuddle with or confess your stupidity to? For you to kill even. Our minds simply cannot exist in that kind of unpenetrable isolation -- no matter your assertions, the only way we could go on is if we had some kind of hope that SOMEONE else had survived.

Quote:
I don't believe you.
congratulations. Your disbelieve probably holds some kind of merit. I'm sure I'd freak out just like everyone else. It still wouldn't do any good.

Quote:
But you haven't yet. And that will inevitably cross your mind if you knew you were gonna die.
My biggest fear is ending up like my grandma. I have no desire whatsoever to get old, in fact, a vast majority of my peers share my sentiments. Of course, i highly doubt that we are all going to commit mass suicide when we turn sixty, only the arrogence of youth would be bold enough to say so, death itself does not scare me. The unknown scares me, and thats around every corner. There is no logical reason to fear death that i can see. (note: fear is not logical, so this may be irrelevant, but then, so is this discussion)
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote