Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #396 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
It dosen't have to be, I know some people who are happy to live a reclusive life.

I consider myself a misanthropist, while I complain about being lonely. Experience comes to show that I just can't get along with other people.

I think this is total Communitarianistic garbage.

You're basically saying the individual is not important, only the community is. I downright dispise this way of thinking, very much.

I have had periods where I was suicidal. But I was being an idiot, and yes your friends are idiots.

Despite all it's curses I consider life to be a gift, it's something you only have for a while, so I think you should hold it to some value.

Suicide dosen't bother me just because of how it effects other people. It simply bothers me because you're depriving yourself of the gift of life.

I guess because I live life the way I do I've learned to appreciate the little things, since I never experience the big things. I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself.

I already live in solitary confinement therefore I'm used to it. So if I was the last person on earth, I'd probably deal with it pretty well.

Call me a selfish person, but I sincerely get more enjoyment out of my solitary life and just reflecting on things by myself than I ever do out of trying to socialize with people. I'd miss my family. But that's about it.

So you're finally admitting to saying something that wasn't really true?

Nobody wants to grow old, the thought of it makes my stomach turn. But I don't want to die young either. Que shrugging and wah wah music.

This makes no sense to me.

The unknown comes with death, if you fear the unknown, you should fear death.

That's how I see it.
First of all, niether you or your friends are total reclusives. My main clue being the fact that you are on a site like this, and that you call such individuals your "friends." In the big scheme of things... community is what matters. That isn't to say that humans as individuals are unimportant (oh, wait, i already said this, maybe if you would READ), its just that, if noone, not even your dog or the fly on the wall, knew that you existed, and if you did not know that others existed A) you literally wouldn't exist as a human being if at all and B) if you did, who would know or care?
The few children that have surived being raised by dogs are severely stunted mentally, partly because they lacked human contact. Still, they managed to survive because the dogs contact...they had some assurance at least that they existed. Without that, they would have died, regardless of starvation issues.
Not being able to get along with people is besides the point. Youre still with people.

You said "no body wants to die"... apparently now you change your stance to "only idiots want to die." Its a totally different view. CONTINUED In which case you are in fact the one who is admitting that something you said wasn't entirely true. Oh wait, no one is right all the time, so that's a basic way to LEARN.

It doesn't matter if you enjoy the company of other people, so long as you are acknowledged by other people. Which, you are.

In any case, i sense the beginning of an argument circle...which gets in the way of many things. OUt.
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."

Last edited by VeggieLover; 09-21-2009 at 06:35 PM.
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote