Music Banter - View Single Post - Aural Fixation- Gavin B.'s Music Blog
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #90 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Song of the Day

The Fuzztones remain hopelessly obscure in America.

Ward 81- The Fuzztones The Fuzztones have been doing their garage rock revival thing since 1982 when they formed in NYC. The band is still making music and mostly touring Europe where they have a large cult of followers. Unfortunately the Fuzztones can't draw a crowd of over 200 people outside of New York and Boston in the United States but they play before SRO crowds in London, Paris, Berlin, Prague and Coppenhagen.

The Fuzztones are a great band and are worthy of the same stature as the other great purveyors of the garage sound like the Stooges, the Cramps and the Ramones. It's to the credit of the Europeans that they have discovered many of the great American jazz, blues and rock and roll bands that can't find work in their homeland of the United States.

When I lived in London in the early 80s I found that my British friends were better aquainted with the latest East Coast bands like Mission of Burma, the Fleshtones, the Bush Tetras and the Feelies than my friends in Boston and New York where these bands hailed from. I can only hope that the Fuzztones will survive long enough to gain some measure of recognition for their music in their homeland of the USA.

Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote