Music Banter - View Single Post - Recording issue!!! Need help!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Leandro
Groupie

Exclamation Recording issue!!! Need help!!!

Hi there guys, Can anybody help me? I havesome questions about some stuff related to recording. It might be silly my questions but I just can`t visualize how it works.
I want to record live using about 10 inputs at the same time (like drum mics, guitar, bass etc.)
But the thing is, where should I connect all those cables? Directly on the mixer? If so, where should I connect the output? Directly on the computer? Should I get something else to connect all those outputs directly in the computer? If so, which one? Audio interface? Sound card? `Cause the thing is that I want to have 10 different (separate) tracks on the software, for example: all the drums mics I want them separetly, like, just the snare by itself, then just the kick, so that I can adjust all of them, like the volume etc, and so the guitar and bass..
Hope someone can help me on that!!
Cause basically what I want to do is to record at home, but with quite good quality, and I want to be able to record live and of course, all the instruments separetly... but the thing is that I want to connect all the cables into the computer and look at the program coming on different tracks for each instrument. And also, what would be the perfect combination for that thing that I wanna do? I mean, a mixer, audio interface, what are all the equipments i need for that?
Thank you
Leandro is offline   Reply With Quote