Music Banter - View Single Post - Where did it all go wrong/right for you?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
cavanherk
barefoot troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
I'm not in life for the money, I'm in it for the enjoyment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Part of "finding myself" has been due to getting to know myself better (my passions and insecurities) and learning to make life path choices that are meaningful to me, whether or not they are to other people.

I think we have the answer in these lines. If you don't enjoy what you're learning, and if they are not meaningful to you, ditch them.

I studied business in college because I thought it would be responsible of me since I earned scholarships to go. Otherwise I would have simply joined a branch of the armed forces and gone from there. But really, all I wanted to do was travel. I broke free after college, moved to Ft lauderdale with $400 of bartending tip money in my pocket, found a job and saved enough beans to buy a sailboat for $5,000 and sail the Caribbean.

I know I can't make a living by sailing. Sure I can be a charter captain but I don't see the fun in that. Piracy is not an option, either...unfortunately.

So I am once again riding with the current, caught in the maelstrom, just making a wage, and saving for another adventure. I find joy in saving for my travels. It's not a joy of the job, it's a joy in the progress toward fulfillment of my next ambition. Maybe some day that ambition will make me money. Maybe not.

Doesn't matter--I've got a goal I'm working toward, and that's what's important to me.
cavanherk is offline   Reply With Quote