Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #427 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Well, I guess I could do that.

In overall greatness and importance I think it goes like so.

1. NES: Single handedly saved the video game industry and made it into the powerhouse business and pop culture phenomenon it is today. And it has a massive library of classics that no other console can touch.

2. Playstation: Redefined the industry and finally knocked Nintendo off their pedestal.

3. Genesis: Revolutionary for it's time with it's advanced graphics, fast paced arcade style games and crazy new concepts nobody else could compete with.

4. SNES: Took many classic NES franchises and gave them major upgrades, and it had the best RPG library of any console ever.

5. Game Boy: Revolutionized the handhelds, made classic staples like Mario and Zelda portable for the first time. Oh yeah and Pokemon.

6. Atari 2600: The one that started it all.

7. Playstation 2: As much as I hate to admit it, it pretty much won the last gen console war.

8. Game Boy Advance: First handheld to have a truly massive library of quality games that could compete with the home consoles in quantity.

9. Dreamcast: The little console that could.

10.N64: So it only had a few good third party games, so what? This console proved that Nintendo could survive on their own.
You know.... I have to agree with all of those points.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote