Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West
Thread: Kanye West
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #128 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdoser View Post
yeah I fueled the fire too :P :P

I think he does have one trick pony however I don't know much kanye...

I know he did that harder better faster stronger with daft punk right??all the mainstream people thought he made that up.... someones gotta show me some good kanye. and I still need a good aesop rock album to check out too since everyone on music banters in love with them :P
If you want good Kanye West, get The College Dropout. The production is hot and colorful, and he proves himself as a charismatic rapper. Plus, he raps one song (Through the Wire) with his jaw wired shut after a car accident. The whole album is solid.

ex

Aesop Rock! He's my favorite rapper, he's the one who got me into music. His lyrical content's density is unmatched, so you'll catch something new in the lyrics for a long time. He's incredibly diverse (No Regrets -> Tugboat Complex Pt. 3). His rhyme scheme is complex and creative, his flow is one of the greatest, and his wordplay is interesting and witty as fuck.

Really, I still think Labor Days is the most wholesome Aesop Rock experience. Some might disagree and say Float (which is almost as good, it just doesn't excite me as much at points. But it has some of my favorite Aesop Rock songs.) Either way, both are excellent. Oh, and don't listen to the people who say any Aesop Rock album is bad, he's one of the most consistent artists there is.

ex

If you download Labor Days, keep an eye out for Battery and Save Yourself, they did so much for me.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote