Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #1630 (permalink)
Ebony_and_Irony
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Why are you comparing Pixies and Nirvana?

Why do most indie bands not deserve credit?

Who said Rush was the best prog band?

Why are you comparing Tim Buckley to Jeff Buckley? They were worlds apart musically and even Jeff Buckley was desperate to avoid being compared to his father.

How do you define classic rock? Isnt saying that most classic rock is over-rated really just saying that most rock bands pre 1980's or even 1990's are over-rated?

How is post rock indies take on prog?

I understand this thread is all about opinions but im sorry, at least at present your list kind of just seems pointless and makes me want to make one so i can take two random bands and let everyone know which one i prefer.
Pixies started grunge Nirvana got most of the credit, that's why. Both are grunge.

Indie does deserve credit, just not as much as what some indie bands get.

Alot of people do believe Rush is the best prog band. I disagree.

I was comparing both because Jeff is Tim's son, they are related. Who cares if Jeff wanted to avoid being compared to his dad, it was bound to happen.

Idk how to define classic rock. Most people believe that it is rock from the 60's up until the 80's, most bands during that era I believe are overrated.

Post-rock is extremely similar to prog. It generally uses rythyms, harmonies, melodies, timbre, and chord progressions not typical in rock. Also most post rock songs are long and are instrumental. And on top of that almost all post rock bands are indie. Sounds like indies take on prog to me.
Ebony_and_Irony is offline   Reply With Quote