Music Banter - View Single Post - Tower Of Song - Leonard Cohen Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Thanks I've never had the pleasure of seeing him live myself. I do have a bootleg of a performance of his in Gothenburg back in 93 - excellent stuff and well worth hunting down.

I'm feeling lazy, so I'll probably get New Skin For the Old Ceremony reviewed in a day or so's time.
I'm looking forward to your review of New Skin for the Old Ceremony. It's been my favorite L. Cohen album for a while and the only one that stands up to his remarkable debut album.

I'm told that the reason Cohen is doing this final marathon tour is his former manager. Kelley Lynch, misappropriated over US $5 million from Cohen's retirement fund leaving only $150,000.

I just got this press release on Monday :

Quote:
Leonard Cohen Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970, Available Now

OCTOBER 21, 2009

600,000 people were in awe as the iconic folksinger-songwriter-poet-novelist Leonard Cohen gave the performance of a lifetime during the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970. The beautiful new film by director Murray Lerner pairs the breathtaking performance by Cohen with interviews of festival attendees and musicians Joan Baez, Kris Kristofferson and Judy Collins, as well as a look at the atmosphere of the weekend-long festival.

The accompanying CD includes the complete audio of Cohen's performance: 14 previously unreleased songs, plus the poetry, stories and musings that tamed and awed the incendiary crowd.

This package is available in three formats; DVD/CD, Vinyl Double-LP and Blu-ray DVD. The DVD/CD contains the new documentary by Lerner along with the full performance on CD and the Vinyl Double-LP contains the entire performance on 180 gram audiophile vinyl.

Leonard Cohen Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970 is available in stores and online now. For a full track listing and purchase details, visit LEONARD COHEN.
He also just released Live In London which is a double CD of his first performance in London on his current 2008-2009 tour. For Cohen fans, his financial woes are almost a blessing because he was probably planning to return to the Buddhist monestary on Mount Baldy retire and live in seclusion in his elder years. I'm not worried about L.Cohen's financial status because he'll probably make twice the amount of money that Kelley Lynch stole from him by the time by the time he wraps his world tour in November.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote